apply for funding
eligibility and selection criteria
Chevron Direct Investment Fund timeline: The process from proposal submission to release of funds is likely to be 1-6 months.
- Instrument: Equity
- Ownership: Chevron Direct Investment Fund Ltd.’s ownership capped at 49%.
- Deal size: USD$2m to USD$30m
- Location: All proposals must be executed within the territory of the RoK or display evidence of being overwhelmingly Kazakh in operation and nature.
- Targeted sectors: Targeted areas for investment include, but not limited to manufacturing, works and services in oil and gas industry with potential of developing the local supply chain; environmental stewardship; information technologies, including digital technologies.
- Time horizon: In line with the life of CDIF, the intention will be to exit investments within 10 years following its launch. This however will not preclude exploring earlier exit opportunities should the opportunity arise.
Please ensure that your proposal meets the above eligibility criteria.
- Strong profitability
- Robust ESG characteristics
- Financial and non-financial risks
- Value-creation potential
- Portfolio diversification
the investment process
The investment process starts with the evaluation of the applications submitted by the applicant. All applications should meet the eligibility criteria as described on the web-portal.
- The investment team makes the first assessment of the project, contacts the applicant for more details if necessary. Should the application pass the initial screening, it is submitted for a review by the Advisory Board.
- The investment team will conduct an in-depth due diligence on the projects that pass the Advisory Board, including financial/tax, legal and compliance checks. At this stage external service providers may be involved.
- Should the investment team decide to proceed based on the results of enhanced due diligence, preliminary term sheet with the parameters of the deal will be agreed with the applicant.
- The project will be presented to the Investment Committee of CDIF for approval. After the approval by the Investment Committee the final agreement will be signed and funds released. The diagram below describes the summary of investment process.
Before applying, please ensure that project satisfies eligibility criteria provided on the website.
For more information and answers to common enquiries, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Interested Kazakhstani businesses can apply for funding by submitting the application and required project documentation for CDIF’s consideration.
already have an account?continue an existing application
or create a new fund application account:
You will need to provide the following information to support your application:
- Investment Proposal: Provide a detailed description of the investment proposal, preferably with an accompanying business plan
- Projected IRR (internal rate of return): Provide a projected IRR, preferably with an accompanying financial model showing historic financials along with projections for the next five years
- Industry dynamics: Describe the economics of the industry/sector you are operating in, along with the competitive landscape
- Organisational structure & local content: Outline the organisational structure (with a breakdown of jobs by geographic location) with the names and bios of all senior management
- Ownership: Name all shareholders and the number (and type) of shares held in the company, including the names of all ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs). If your company is not yet registered, please outline the planned ownership structure and key individuals/UBOs. Relevant documentation to your submission confirming this ownership information to be attached
- Capital required: Provide detail on the capital required for this project both now and in the future (incorporating debt and equity requirements) in addition to more information on the utilisation of funds
- Company registration and asset location: State where is the company is (or will be) registered and outline what portion of purchased assets will be based in Kazakhstan