apply for funding
- Chevron Direct Investment Fund timeline: The process from proposal submission to release of funds is likely to be 1-6 months.
- Proposal selection criteria:
- Strong profitability
- Robust ESG characteristics
- Financial and non-financial risks
- Value-creation potential
- Portfolio diversification
- Instrument: Equity
- Ownership: Chevron Direct Investment Fund ownership capped at 49%.
- Preferred deal size: USD$2m to USD$30m
- Target sectors: Targeted areas for investment include, but not limited to manufacturing, works and services in oil and gas industry with potential of developing the local supply chain; environmental stewardship; information technologies, including digital technologies.
- Location: All proposals must be executed within the territory of the RoK or display evidence of being overwhelmingly Kazakh in operation and nature.
- Time Horizon: In line with the life of the fund, the intention will be to exit investments within 10 years following its launch. This however will not preclude exploring earlier exit opportunities should the opportunity arise.
Interested Kazakhstani businesses can apply for funding by submitting the application and required project documentation for the Fund’s consideration.
create a fund application account:
You will need to provide the following information to support your application:
- Investment Proposal: Provide a detailed description of the investment proposal, preferably with an accompanying business plan
- Projected IRR (internal rate of return): Provide a projected IRR, preferably with an accompanying financial model showing historic financials along with projections for the next five years
- Industry dynamics: Describe the economics of the industry/sector you are operating in, along with the competitive landscape
- Organisational structure & local content: Outline the organisational structure (with a breakdown of jobs by geographic location) with the names and bios of all senior management
- Ownership: Name all shareholders and the number (and type) of shares held in the company, including the names of all ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs). If your company is not yet registered, please outline the planned ownership structure and key individuals/UBOs. Relevant documentation to your submission confirming this ownership information to be attached
- Capital required: Provide detail on the capital required for this project both now and in the future (incorporating debt and equity requirements) in addition to more information on the utilisation of funds
- Company registration and asset location: State where is the company is (or will be) registered and outline what portion of purchased assets will be based in Kazakhstan